[Python-il] Who is the owner of the python-il Google-Group?

Amit Aronovitch aronovitch at gmail.com
Mon Mar 7 21:36:19 IST 2016

Hi all,

List maintenance issue: Sorry to bother you all, but I need to see if I can
contact the owner of that google group.
I mean the group at  https://groups.google.com/forum/#!forum/python-il ,
NOT the mailing list.

If you know anything about it, please contact me. If not, you can skip the
rest.
If not, but still want some explanations, read on.

Facts:

* It appears that there is a Google Group named python-il (had been there
for several years I think).

* The group has bi-directional redirect to the python-il mailing list
(@hamakor), but shows a considerable amount of spam as well.

* Joining the group brings me the "admin" interface, but it does not let me
see the members list.

* I suspect that this group had been generated by one of our subscribers
(i.e. someone subscriber feeds their email into this group),
   for the benefit of those who prefer reading it this way.
    There is no problem with this forward per se, as this list is already
public, archived and searchable.
   However, it appears that the person in charge does not clean up the spam
properly (which bothers me because searches might lead
   to the group instead of the other archives, and people following the
results have to encounter the spam).

Plan:

 a. Try to reach the person in charge, ask them to filter the spam, or give
someone else the permissions to do so.

 b. Failing that, try to contact google and have them remove the list (I
don't mind if anyone sets up a new one, as long as spam is filtered,
     and I can contact the list moderator when needed).

Regards,
    AA