[Python-il] [Meta] Re: Two Python-IL mailing lists?

Amit Aronovitch aronovitch at gmail.com
Mon Oct 14 22:50:19 IST 2013

Anyone knows what's the deal with the google-group thingy?

When I opened it in the web interface, it said somewhere "a mirror of
python-il at hamakor.org.il" (although I can't seem to find that message again
now).
The group contains the messages from this group, as well as a bunch of spam
messages in arabic with "leen" as sender.

Did one of us start this group? For what purpose?

I have no particular objections to having a gmail mirror, *provided* that
the person in charge will take care of cleaning the spam, and dealing
properly with messages sent to the group.

If they do not do that, they effectively deflect and confuse people who
might actually benefit from this mailing list.

  AA