[Python-il] Awesome console debugger

Ram Rachum ram at rachum.com
Tue May 29 23:15:39 IDT 2012

Hey guys,

Just a quick recommendation on a module called pudb:

http://pypi.python.org/pypi/pudb

Pudb is a replacement for Python's pdb, for Linux only.

There were so many times that I had to debug a Python program through SSH,
where I can't use my normal debugger (Wing IDE). I really *really* hate
using pdb because *you can't see anything* and if you dare to create a
variable named `q` it will end the debugging session, and other assorted
stupidities.

Pudb is like pdb, except it has a visual interface reminiscent of Turbo
Pascal from the DOS days. It's easy and quick to use, and works over SSH.
It's the best in-console Python debugger I've seen, and it's now my
debugger-of-choice when debugging on SSH.

Enjoy!

Ram.