[Python-il] urlparse bug?

Udi Oron udioron at gmail.com
Thu May 5 14:46:42 IDT 2011

Hi!

I believe that urllib decided that query is something specific to
http/https.
You can probably dig the RFCs to discover why, or parse the url without the
scheme:

urlparse('//server/download/0000?b=a')
*ParseResult(scheme='', netloc='server', path='/download/0000', params='',
query='b=a', fragment='')*

Udi.