[Python-il] Where to put tests

Ori Peleg oripel at gmail.com
Tue Sep 7 11:31:05 IDT 2010

In my experience both solutions work. I've heard and read considerable
debate about the two approaches but it tends to boils down to non-technical
issues.
In your case, having the tests next to the modules sounds very convenient.
A dot in the filename can be tricky (importing, for example) but a different
suffix or prefix should be fine.
Another layout, which works better with a flatter directory tree than yours,
is to have a 'tests/' subdirectory in each package.

Check out my blog: http://orip.org