[Python-il] remote execution of python code

Amit Aronovitch aronovitch at gmail.com
Fri Jul 23 10:42:35 IDT 2010

On Fri, Jul 23, 2010 at 12:19 AM, Shai Berger <shai at platonix.com> wrote:

> On Thursday 22 July 2010, Amit Dor-Shifer wrote:
> > On 07/22/10 15:15, Shai Berger wrote:
> > > Hi Amit,
> > >
> > > I've just noted that 2 emails ago, you turned the discussion from
> public
> > > to private. Please don't do that again.
> >
> > Sorry. Didn't notice that.
> > So: if you see a way to resolve the use-case I described, using any of
> > the proposed frameworks (rpyc, etc), w/o remote deployment, please
> > elaborate.
>
> I was slightly mistaken: Fabric on its own can't solve "run python code on
> remote host w/out deployment", but it can solve "deployment", and it can
> solve
> "remote execution w/out deployment" with the help of code based on Amit's
> fickle (he mentioned it in this thread --
> http://dl.dropbox.com/u/6960989/doc/fickle_doc.html ) which shows you how
> serialize a function (though, you might need to deal with dependencies).

Would be nice if you add this code. Maybe a direct call to serialize a
function with its code, or better yet a mechanism to declare functions as
rigid (this is preferred, because these functions might appear inside a
nested object, rather than be serialized directly).
Feel free to branch it. If it turns out useful, I'll move the project to
launchpad/sourceforge/whatever...

   AA