[Python-il] remote execution of python code

Shai Berger shai at platonix.com
Fri Jul 23 00:19:43 IDT 2010

On Thursday 22 July 2010, Amit Dor-Shifer wrote:
> On 07/22/10 15:15, Shai Berger wrote:
> > Hi Amit,
> >
> > I've just noted that 2 emails ago, you turned the discussion from public
> > to private. Please don't do that again.
>
> Sorry. Didn't notice that.
> So: if you see a way to resolve the use-case I described, using any of
> the proposed frameworks (rpyc, etc), w/o remote deployment, please
> elaborate.

I was slightly mistaken: Fabric on its own can't solve "run python code on
remote host w/out deployment", but it can solve "deployment", and it can solve
"remote execution w/out deployment" with the help of code based on Amit's
fickle (he mentioned it in this thread --
http://dl.dropbox.com/u/6960989/doc/fickle_doc.html ) which shows you how to
serialize a function (though, you might need to deal with dependencies).