[Python-il] remote execution of python code

Tal Einat taleinat at gmail.com
Thu Jul 22 11:41:21 IDT 2010

On Thu, Jul 22, 2010 at 10:44 AM, Amit Dor-Shifer wrote:

> On 07/22/10 10:12, Meir Kriheli wrote:
> > How about Pyro:
> > http://www.xs4all.nl/~irmen/pyro3/<http://www.xs4all.nl/%7Eirmen/pyro3/>
> >
> > It has an option for mobile code (both ways):
> > http://www.xs4all.nl/~irmen/pyro3/manual/7-features.html#mobile<http://www.xs4all.nl/%7Eirmen/pyro3/manual/7-features.html#mobile>
> >

> Thanks.
> pyro, as-well-as the prev-suggested fabric & rpyc seem like very useful
> frameworks. I'll definitely look into them for future use. Yet
> currently, I prefer to keep this impl. as basic as possible: no
> 3rd-party libs, no additional server instances.

I recommend RPyC not just as an RPC library, but specifically because it
includes built-in support for passing functions and executing them on
whichever side you wish. Its implementation is Python-only, so no compiling
or installing binaries.

You could also just take the module from RPyC that does the "pickling" of
functions and use that (IIRC it's a standalone module that you can use
as-is).

I don't think you're going to find an existing module in the Python stdlib
for executing code on a remote process via ssh.