[Python-il] remote execution of python code

Amit Dor-Shifer amitds at oversi.com
Thu Jul 22 09:47:35 IDT 2010

I wish to execute some python code on a remote host, accessed via SSH.
The module containing the code is available locally, but not on the
remote host. I can copy the code over to the remote host, and execute it
there, but I was wondering whether there's some programmatic alternative
to that: E.G:

   1. wrap the code in a method,
   2. extract the method via an object's __dict__
   3. Serialize the method over to the remote host
   4. execute result on a remote python interpreter.

Or:

   1. Somehow retrieve the source lines of the method.
   2. pass those to a remote "python -c" execution.

Are such options available in python?

Amit