[Python-il] [pyweb-il:1050] Python coding question

Dov Grobgeld dov.grobgeld at gmail.com
Thu Jul 1 17:35:20 IDT 2010

The use of assigment through left arrow (←) would solve this. Which reminds
me of the fact that I would have loved having a language like python that
uses more of unicode for its syntax.

Then "python" might look like:

    ∀ n ∈ names:
      if n ≠ "foo":
        α ← n
        ß = re∘search〈"foo", α〉

No more overloading of parens, decimal dots, minus signs, etc.

Of course it would take some time to learn how to type all these chars on
the keyboard, but by some clever editors macro tricks, you would quickly get
over this.

Here's another pythonic construct that imo would look nicer.

    f← λ x: x↑2
    a←f〈2〉

But I'm dreaming. Nobody will ever do anything as crazy as this... ☺

Cheers,
Dov