[Python-il] About Python-IL

cool-RR cool-rr at cool-rr.com
Thu Jan 21 22:40:18 IST 2010

I have a question about Python-IL. Is it encouraged that people ask for help
with Python on this list? This list is pretty low-activity, and most of the
activity is people helping other people. While that is definitely a positive
thing, is Python-IL a good medium for this?

I am asking two questions here:

   1. Is it good for the list? After all, I understand that this list is
   about the Israeli Python community. So unless a question has
   Israeli-specific content (Like "How do I use Hebrew in my Python app"),
   should it be here? I mean, I'd personally be very interested in Python
   activity in Israel (like conferences,) but I'm not interested in reading the
   Python help emails. So for me it's just diluting the valuable stuff.
   2. Is it good for the askers? I use
StackOverflow<http://stackoverflow.com>a lot when I have programming
questions/problems, and in my experience it
   works great. My second choice would be to ask in the mailing lists of
   specific libraries that I'm using and have questions about. (Like wxPython.)
   But StackOverflow is usually the right choice.

What do you think?

Ram.