[Python-il] Don't copy PyWeb-IL

Omer Zak w1 at zak.co.il
Wed Jan 20 07:33:08 IST 2010

I am subscribed to both Python-IL and PyWeb-IL and my desktop PC does
not seem to display to me duplicate E-mail messages.
However I couldn't ignore the following classican spammers' line:

On Tue, 2010-01-19 at 22:52 +0200, Shai Berger wrote:
> On Tuesday 19 January 2010, Ilan wrote:
> > There's hardly any traffic in Python-IL, and although I don't
> > want to miss it, having to archive two copies of everything
> > from PyWeb-IL is annoying me.
>
> Then don't. On any sane mail client (and it looks like you're using one),
> setting up a rule that discards python-il messages coming from PyWeb-IL will
> take you less than it took you to write this message.

This is the classical line which any spammer would feed you - "use the
Delete key, dammit!"

One place where it would hurt nevertheless:
People who have Internet bandwidth on budget.
For example: me, when reading my E-mail via the cellular network.  I
have Internet connectivity plan for 30MB/month, and it gets used up when
I donwload E-mail to read when I am on the road (and far from WiFi hot
spots).

So please be considerate to people who read E-mail via the cellular
network and are not willing to pay for bigger data plan.

                                             --- Omer
--
"Kosher" Cellphones (cellphones with blocked SMS, video and Internet)
are menace to the deaf.  They must be outlawed!

I may be affiliated in any way.