[Python-il] Don't copy PyWeb-IL

Amit Aronovitch aronovitch at gmail.com
Wed Jan 20 01:21:02 IST 2010

On Tue, Jan 19, 2010 at 9:38 PM, Ilan <ilan at decodecode.net> wrote:

> Peace, Amit!
>
> Please remove PyWeb-IL from the Python-IL mailing list: it is
> outrageously absurd to subscribe an entire list to another.
> Anyone who wishes to read both ought to just subscribe to both.
>
> I read both, and I do that by subscribing to python-IL only (I setup PyWeb
to not send me emails, I am still subscribed there, for send privileges).

This arrangement was done because people specifically asked for it. In
particular, request came from python-IL members, who want to read PyWeb as
well - upto now no one objected to that ("objections" came only as queries
from PyWeb-IL-only subscribers who wanted to verify that the Python-IL
subscribers are OK with the extra traffic...).

 But - as always, this is open to discussion - if we'll see enough people
objecting to the merge, we will unsubscribe the list.

> There's hardly any traffic in Python-IL, and although I don't
> want to miss it, having to archive two copies of everything
> from PyWeb-IL is annoying me. If traffic stats were the other
> way, it'll still be ugly, if less inefficient. And I want my
> PyWeb-IL mail delivered by Google, not disable delivery there
> because I have it aggregated in another mailing list. Ugh. And

And I want replies to go back to the appropriate list.

See comments from Shai - they might solve your problems without having to
annoy people who like old-fashioned mailing lists and prefer to reduce the
amount of lists they are subscribed to.

Please remedy this ugliness.
> Thanks.
>
> (And BTW, your absence from our meetings lately does not go
> unnoticed! ;o)

Nice to see I'm remembered :-).
 As always, I still hope that one day my "tasks approaching deadline" list
will drop down to a sane level that would allow me to attend the meetings
without feeling too much guilt...

     AA