[Python-il] [pyweb-il:686] Django for SaaS

Beni Cherniavsky cben at users.sf.net
Wed Jan 20 00:34:51 IST 2010

On Mon, Jan 18, 2010 at 16:52, Idan Gazit <idan at pixane.com> wrote:

> On Jan 18, 2010, at 3:53 PM, Emanuel wrote:
>

>> Recently I spoke with some "IT expert" and he issued few very
>> meaningful points:
>> 1. "Most of the SaaS developers uses Java or .Net"
>>

> Most web developers use Jave or .NET, period. I'd argue that these are
> worse choices as it is difficult to find truly good developers from a sea of
> people with some craptastic "Java certification".
>
> Paul Graham wrote well on this effect:
"Hence what, for lack of a better name, I'll call the Python paradox: if a
company chooses to write its software in a comparatively esoteric language,
they'll be able to hire better programmers, because they'll attract only
those who cared enough to learn it."
http://www.paulgraham.com/pypar.html

--
Beni Cherniavsky-Paskin <cben at users.sf.net>