[Python-il] problem in script

Yitzhak Wiener Yitzhak.Wiener at dspg.com
Tue Jan 19 18:11:10 IST 2010

Hi Guys,

May I ask you a question?

I am trying to write a script that looking for some string expression
(expression A) in a file, and after it finds it, it searches for 2 other
expressions (B & C) which are located few lines after the fist
expression.

These 2 expressions appear few times in this file, that's why I need to
search for expression A first, and the next time B & C appears this is
what I search for.

I attached the script I use for finding expression A, but now I don't
know how to tell the script to start searching for expression B & C from
point A.

Can you advice please how it should be done?

from array import array

import os, stat, re

#get coff file size

file_size = os.stat("project_release.dump")[stat.ST_SIZE]

a = array('H')

f =  open("project_release.dump","rb")

f2 =  open("project_release_out.dump","wb")

a.fromfile( f,(file_size/2) )

s = a.tostring()

#search in coff for beggining of "MultiProgPage_Code" code section in
coff file.

#We need the beggining adress and size of this section

pattern = re.compile ("MultiProgPage_Code at c0 - SECTION HEADER")

result = pattern.search(s)

#result is MatchObject, and therefore result.start() holds the location
of exression A in the file.

#now we need to find the value of the first time s_paddr , and s_size
are found after exression A

Thanks.

Best Regards,

Yitzhak