[Python-il] [pyweb-il:680] Wsgi is eating up my semaphores :(

The Dod unclezzzen at gmail.com
Tue Jan 19 08:46:37 IST 2010

I have 2 more or less identical django installation (they are synced
via svn and some good intentions :) ). The main difference is that the
dev server runs on debian and the production one is on redhat).
On the development site it works as expected: I touch the wsgi python
file, and this resets the Django site nicely.
On the production site - every time I change something, I get Error
500. Luckily I have su on that VPS and can restart the apache, but
this gives a scary "no space left on device error".
I've found out that the problem was zombie semaphores left by wsgi, as
explained here:
http://rackerhacker.com/2007/08/24/apache-no-space-left-on-device-couldnt-create-accept-lock/

I now bypass this with the script:
| /etc/init.d/httpd stop
| for i in `ipcs -s | awk '/httpd/ {print $2}'`; do (ipcrm -s $i);
done
| /etc/init.d/httpd start

but this solution requires su and is barbaric (what happens if I also
have non-apache-related semaphores)?

I know it's a wsgi issue and not a Django one, but it's an issue
nevertheless.

Any idea what I might be doing wrong?