[Python-il] [pyweb-il:670] Django for SaaS

Emanuel emikil at gmail.com
Mon Jan 18 15:53:29 IST 2010

Shalom Haverim.

I'm building a bunch of cloud based tools for SaaS applications
developers and I decided to use Python + Django for the development of
these tools... (most of them will be released - eventually  - as OSS)

Recently I spoke with some "IT expert" and he issued few very
meaningful points:
1. "Most of the SaaS developers uses Java or .Net"
2. "Python is an excellent language, but somehow Enterprise IT
rejected it in the production environment due to security risks."

Do you agree with these statements?

I decided to use Python + Django for many other reasons but if this is
correct, maybe I should reconsider my choice.

Thanks,
   Emanuel.