[Python-il] [pyweb-il:647] Advertisement: Hacker News IL

Meir Kriheli meir at mksoft.co.il
Mon Jan 4 12:15:10 IST 2010

On 01/04/2010 11:08 AM, Udi h Bauman wrote:
> BTW, & regardless of the debate, FaceBook also contributes to
> open-source (see their github page
> <http://github.com/facebook/tornado/>), including Tornado
> <http://github.com/facebook/tornado/> (a scalable Python-based
> web-server developed at FriendFeed) & Cassandra
> <http://github.com/facebook/cassandra> (one of the best non-relational
> databases).
>

> Udi

Let's give them a medal - but that's a joke. Even if not taking into
account GSOC, the support to Mozilla, hosting OSS projects or other
contributions (more than 35, see updates):

http://blog.0x1fff.com/2009/12/35-google-open-source-projects-that-you.html

And even that's a joke compared to Sun.

But like I've said, it's a social issue, not 'holier than thou'.