[Python-il] [pyweb-il:624] Advertisement: Hacker News IL

Meir Kriheli meir at mksoft.co.il
Sun Jan 3 15:34:04 IST 2010

On 01/03/2010 02:44 PM, Arik Baratz wrote:
> On Sun, Jan 3, 2010 at 11:29 PM, Meir Kriheli <meir at mksoft.co.il
> <mailto:meir at mksoft.co.il>> wrote:
>

>     None of my close friends is a hacker and we keep in touch the way real
>     friends should: we actually talk.
>
>     I'd say that facebook "friends" aren't really friends. For a group like
>     that LinkedIn group is way better IMO.
>

> Sorry, I'm wrong and you are right. I can now see that people actually
> ARE defined by the means of communications that they use. What an epiphany!

I consider facebook and the likes anti-social, we don't have to agree
(no right or wrong).

> I will therefore no longer refer to myself as a hacker nor use the word
> 'hacker', current email excluded.

That's okay, I don't consider myself one either ;-) But you've missed my
point (and the tongue-in-cheek):

This things can't rely only solely on facebook or you'll miss parts of
target audience.

So sorry for "trolling" and carry on with the show (I'm out).

Cheers
--
Meir