[Python-il] [pyweb-il:789] ipython with Hebrew

Saffi saffi.h at gmail.com
Tue Feb 23 01:36:30 IST 2010

If it is good enough to be able to "print" and see the value in Hebrew then
you can do the following:
in cmd.exe type: chcp 1255
then run:  ipython
   x=u'''\u05d4\u05d2'''
   print x

It should do it if the Fonts are OK. I had to change the font of the
terminal to Lucida, then I could read the hebrew. The thorn is that
subsequent print are visible only if i change the font (size) again ....  So
it should work if you have a better shell in windows