[Python-il] [slightly OT] Meeting to coordinate cooperation of FOSS community with "Mimshal Zamin"

Lior Kesos lior at linnovate.net
Wed Feb 17 13:02:58 IST 2010

For the Django,python and $whatever programming language/framework
fans out there
Note that although a lot of the server side infrastructure will
probably be implemented in Drupal there are going to be exciting
possabilities of exposing alot of the data through standard feeds and
that way to enable different mashups of the different data.
You can check out http://data.gov.uk/ and  data.gov to get an idea of
where we are aiming (even if we are talking on smaller scopes of the
data).
I think that creating a series of basic examples of using this data in
various programming languages will help the adoption and creation of
these mashups.
Note that we're are just at the beginning and this is something that
will be rellevent at least 6 monthes from now yet we'd be happy to
hear about what cool things you would want to build using govermental
data so we're sure that the architecture will scale accordingly.
best regards and Viva la revolution!
Lior
On Feb 17, 2010, at 12:46 PM, Amit Aronovitch wrote:

> (Cross posting to the Django and Python mailing lists. )
>
> Hi All,
>
>  Doron is invited to a meeting with gov.il people to discuss the
> future cooperation with the FOSS community.
> He is looking for a few (probably very few) people to join him.
>  It seems that this is deeper than merely asking for W3C compliant
> web site, so I would feel better if someone
> with a firm grasp on the relevant API's needed to integrate well
> with free tools (aggregators, robot scripts, whatever) and the
> common problems involved (at least better grasp on these issues than
> myself) will join him.
> So mail him if you can help (no guarantee though, I am not involved
> in this in any way, merely cross-posting because I really want it to
> work).
>
>    thanks,
>          Amit
>

> 2010/2/15 doron <doron at ofek.biz>
>
> מצטרף לדבריו של נדב.
>
> למרות שמחד יש עליי לחץ להשביע את
> רעבונם של אנשי התוכנה החופשית - כרגע ,
> יהיה הכי נכון לעצור את הדיון הפומבי.
> לשבת עם נדב, ולהסדיר את מקומה של
> הקהילה .. כיצד היא יכולה לשתף פעולה,
> כיצד היא יכולה לסייע.. וכיוצ"ב .
>
> האם יש מישהו שרוצה / יכול להצטרף
> לישיבה שכזו ? (אני כבר אומר שאי אפשר ש 30
> אנשים יהיו בישיבה , מדובר על כמה אנשים
> שרוצים ויכולים לסייע להגדיר את מקומה
> של הקהילה במסגרת של שיתוף פעולה עם
> ממשל זמין , כיצד הקהילה יכולה לסייע
> והסדרה של דרכי התקשורת ומה שכרוך בכך ).
> רק לאחר שנסדיר עם נדב את הדברים, נוכל
> להבין כיצד אנו יכולים לתרום טוב יותר,
> ולגבש את קבוצות העבודה הרלוונטיות.
>
> - דורון

Lior Kesos - http://www.linnovate.net
Linnovate - Community Infrastructure Care
mail: lior at linnovate.net
office: +972 722500881
cell: +972 524305252
skype: liorkesos