[Python-il] [pyweb-il:403] Re: [pyweb-il:393] Re: [pyweb-il:389] Re: a question re pluggable apps

benny daon bennydaon at gmail.com
Wed Sep 2 09:49:23 IDT 2009

So we're all in agreement. I just want to summarize the discussion.

Successful  apps evolve over time - they start as project-specific apps, and
stay this way one of the project's member wants to use it in another
project. After some refactoring the app becomes 'pluggable' - with no
project specific code and clear documentation - and if popular, getting more
community support and development.

The last Phase in an app's life, is to become part of Django's contrib
apps.  Very few apps reach this nirvana phase...