[Python-il] Is plone a good CMS for academic student organization?

Ahik Man ahik.man at gmail.com
Thu Nov 12 15:59:10 IST 2009

Hello Maxim,

Lot's of people favor Django  <http://www.djangoproject.com/>over Plone.
Although it is not CMS but a web application platform, I believe that you
might want to take a look on Django.
Having said that, you can use a Django based CMS. Just today I read an
article about picking Django powered CMS by NASA people.
Here it is:
http://pydanny.blogspot.com/2009/11/picking-django-powered-cms.html
Note that we have an Israeli group that meet about every month, to talk
about Python, Web-apps and Django.
You are welcome to join <http://groups.google.com/group/pyweb-il> us.

Cheers,
Ahik