[Python-il] Is plone a good CMS for academic student organization?

Maxim Veksler maxim.veksler at gmail.com
Thu Nov 12 15:45:58 IST 2009

Hello everyone,

I'm consulting (voluntarily) to one of Israel's university student
organization.

They are seeking CMS solution for their website.

The requirements are: Highly secure, accessibility should comply to at least
w3c A level and then some features such as forums, shopping cart, mailing
lists, main page publishing and well... a banner system should be deployed
as well.

I am considering plone to be a ultimate winner, without having personal
experience with the system I can see that they clam to be very secure,
accessible and sites such as fsf.org are based on them...

What would you suggest, is plone a good solution?
Also, it's important that commercial support will be available in Israel for
plone - From a quick search I haven't been able to find such a company.

Comments are appreciated,
Maxim.

--
Cheers,