[Python-il] [pyweb-il:284] Need help with django-website

benny daon bennydaon at gmail.com
Thu Jun 25 16:36:31 IDT 2009

Hi all,I've got a project going with the aim of improving djangoproject.com.
So far I've forked the original code, cleaned it up, added buildout so
installation will be a breeze, and added django-south so we can easily
upgrade the database.
Jacob KM sent me a link to a dump of the current database which I included
in the migration script so the code pulls the dump and use it to create the
database and add all the rows. There are almost 5000 rows in the model,
pointing to django related posts. The next step is to extract common tags
from  the title and summary fields of the FeedItem.
A friend recommended I use Solr or Lucene for this job which makes sense. My
issue is that I never used them before. If you know what needs to be done
and have some time, please assign this ticket -
http://bitbucket.org/daonb/django-website/issue/3/ - to yourself, fork the
code, do it, and send me a 'pull request'.

Thanks,

Benny.

BTW - there's much more to do in this project. Please feel free to open
tickets with suggestions/bugs or better yet - send code. Jacob said he will
use it in the live site.