[Python-il] [pyweb-il:283] Re: 6th meeting. Call for response.

Idan Gazit idan at pixane.net
Thu Jun 25 11:33:49 IDT 2009

On one hand...

On the other: if we want Django to catch on in Israel as a technology
used for commercial ventures, then educating the VC's on why Django is
a Good Thing(tm) is essential. Otherwise, your average VC will say
"I've never heard of this python thing. Build it in PHP or we don't
give you any money."

We have a relatively easy case to make -- google is big on python,
appengine is python, Rails is becoming popular enough that we can
reference it as a "we're like that" story. VC's will not magically
learn this stuff on their own.

Just my $0.02. Purists might not like it but the VC's influence a lot
of the money out there, directly or indirectly. Evangelizing django
and python to them would not be a bad idea.

As for location suggestion: the Hub is still an option. It's not free
(but not expensive).

-I