[Python-il] [pyweb-il:280] The Django-website project

benny daon bennydaon at gmail.com
Sun Jun 21 11:49:01 IDT 2009

As is my custom, I started a fresh open source project for the meeting
- django-website. This project is a fork of
djangoproject.com with a focus on the community page whose code is quite
ancient. Meir has some great .il url for Django, but still nothing to put
there, so I'm hoping this project already has a home.
So far, I've changed the project to use zc.buildout, based on the post here
- http://jacobian.org/writing/django-apps-with-buildout/. buildout makes it
easy to track dependencies and distribute your app. In the meetings we
deleted the deprecated docs app, played with django-tagging and decided we
need to track posts popularity in delicious/digg.

You are welcomed to join - the code is available from here:
http://bitbucket.org/daonb/django-website/ and install instructions are in
the project's Wiki.

Benny.