[Python-il] [pyweb-il:272] Re: Python knowledge items

daonb bennydaon at gmail.com
Tue Jun 16 20:26:58 IDT 2009

Maybe that's what you should focus on - a "Taste for Pythonic things".
There are so many packages out there and so many things you can do
with Python, that it's more important to find someone with the right
mindset than the right knowledge base.

If I had to hire someone I would focus on one's "understanding" and
"wisdom" base rather than the "knowledge" base. Issues like how one
researches and chooses packages, what is one's preferred methodology,
does one groks DVCS and what does one read will tell you how long it
will take for one to gain new 'knowledge' and more important, do you
want him in your team.

Hope it helps,

Benny