[Python-il] Text editor for python with bidi support

Beni Cherniavsky cben at users.sf.net
Tue Jun 16 17:16:25 IDT 2009

On Tue, Jun 16, 2009 at 12:39, Dov Grobgeld<dov.grobgeld at gmail.com> wrote:
> An alternative to vi is my old DOS editor HED.EXE but it doesn't support
> UTF8. It doesn't even support iso-8859-8... But with a few iconv scripts it
> should be possible...

And let's not forget Geresh:
apt-get install geresh ,  http://www.typo.co.il/~mooffie/geresh/

It has no programmer features but *unmatched* hebrew/bidi features!
In particular (M-x = Alt-x = Esc, x):
  C-M-b enables/disables the bidi algorithm on the fly
  M-1 .. M-5 choose base direction algorithm (M-t cycles)
  M-Shift-F toggles display of control chars: whitespace and bidi control chars.
  M-h toggles hebrew keymap - nice because doesn't interfere with
keyboard shortcuts
  F1 shows the fabulous help, F10 activates the menu bar.

So while it lacks Pythonic features (most important: indent/dedent
block), and Moofie didn't release updates since 2004,
is still has unparalled flexibility of bidi display.

--
Beni <cben at users.sf.net>