[Python-il] Text editor for python with bidi support

Dov Grobgeld dov.grobgeld at gmail.com
Tue Jun 16 12:39:58 IDT 2009

Since the usage of the Hebrew strings is for testing only, I actually think
that it is an advantage to not have the bidi-algorithm applied since then
you get a one-to-one representation of the text of the text buffer. Which
for my case would be emacs, but vi (without any additional flags) would be
good enough.

An alternative to vi is my old DOS editor HED.EXE but it doesn't support
UTF8. It doesn't even support iso-8859-8... But with a few iconv scripts it
should be possible...

Regards,
Dov