[Python-il] [pyweb-il:267] Re: [pyweb-il:263] Re: Python knowledge items

Tal Einat taleinat at gmail.com
Sun Jun 14 18:12:26 IDT 2009

I would add additional central Python concepts: mutable/immutable objects,
the Python inheritance model, meta-classes, mixins, pickling, garbage
collection, decorators, list comprehension, the GIL, ...

I would also expect experience with testing Python code (doc-tests and unit
tests at the least).

Other than that, I would expect extensive experience with technologies,
tools and methodologies in his/her field(s) of expertise. A web application
developer, for example, should know about Django, TurboGears and Zope,
database backends, templating, deployment, caching, etc.

- Tal