[Python-il] Text editor for python with bidi support

Omer Zak w1 at zak.co.il
Fri Jun 5 11:42:40 IDT 2009

First of all, if it is the case that all the Hebrew in your scripts
needs to appear in text strings, then it is a good idea to develop your
application with built-in localization support, for example using
gettext.

Then you'll have to edit separate *.po files, which are easier to edit
using a BiDi enabled editor such as gedit.

If you need to embed Hebrew text in the script itself and it is not
amenable to localization, then I would be very curious to know when such
an use case happens.  My experience so far is that in such cases, the
Hebrew strings are short, and the easiest way to edit them is by means
of an editor, which does not perform BiDi rendering i.e. read the Hebrew
strings from left to right while they are being edited.

                                                     --- Omer

--
Philip Machanick: "caution: if you write code like this, immediately
after you are fired the person assigned to maintaining your code after

I may be affiliated in any way.