[Python-il] Text editor for python with bidi support

Shlomi Fish shlomif at iglu.org.il
Fri Jun 5 11:43:41 IDT 2009

On Friday 05 June 2009 09:09:41 Viktorija Zaksiene wrote:
> Hi all,
>

> I would really appreciate advice. Early I never meet the necessity to
> develop python programms with bidi support, but right now I need to do it.
> And it appears, that my favorite vim does not want to manage hebrew/english
> in the right way. What text editor do you use to edit english/hebrew
> programms?

I normally use KDE 4's Kate editor ( http://kate-editor.org/ ) for BiDi text.
I previously used KDE 3's kedit (because K3Kate's bidi support was not good
enough), and GNOME's gedit also has good BiDi support.

Regarding vim I should note that vim is capable of reversing the direction of
the entire text (both Hebrew and English) if you build it with the right
flags.

Regards,

	Shlomi Fish