[Python-il] [pyweb-il:320] Re: Harvesting presentation

Tal Einat taleinat at gmail.com
Wed Jul 29 08:55:31 IDT 2009

On Wed, Jul 29, 2009 at 1:12 AM, Imri Goldberg wrote:

> I've uploaded the presentation and the source code to my blog, for anyone
> interested.Here's the link:
>
> http://www.algorithm.co.il/blogs/index.php/programming/python/pyweb-il-presentation-on-harvesting-finding-the-most-influential-artists/
>
> Cheers,
> Imri

Nice presentation!

In the presentation you mention BeautifulSoup and that it is based on
HTMLParser which can be problematic. Note that up to version 3.0.7a,
BeautifulSoup used SGMLParser which is much more robust, and for this reason
as of this writing (July 2009) it is preferable for many uses.

- Tal