[Python-il] [pyweb-il:305] Re: Python questions

Ori Peleg oripel at gmail.com
Mon Jul 20 20:50:35 IDT 2009

More ideas:

   - Write a decorator from scratch. Any decorator. (e.g. caching a.k.a
   memoization)
   - Slots and what they're good for
   - Metaclasses' __new__ and what it's good for, maybe even write something
   with it
   - Multiple inheritance from 2 classes with the same attribute name - how
   does Python resolve it?
   - Bound vs. unbound methods
   - What's inheritance good for in Python?
   This is a big differentiator between dynamic-typing-thinking and
   static-typing-thinking.
   It should be obvious to them that they don't subclass for polymorphism.
   - GIL
   - IDEs or lack thereof - how would you do "X" in a Python project?
   (Rename method, finding usages, etc.)
   It's not the precise answers that are important, but the fact that the
   person have their effective ways of doing it.

--
Check out my blog: http://orip.org