[Python-il] [pyweb-il:577] Re: Asking for hosting provider recommendation

Udi h Bauman dibaunaumh at gmail.com
Wed Dec 16 14:37:30 IST 2009

My experience with Django hosting for the past 3 years:

   - *WebFaction*: excellent control panel & support. Recommended. (though
   Alex had some issues with non-standard configuration there)
   - *Linode*: not satisfied due to lousy security. you have to install
   scripts to secure your VPS, & get no help from their support. We couldn't
   make it secure enough though: we currently pay them for a machine used
   mainly by hackers...
   - *Amazon*: great infra & service. you have to install & admin everything
   by yourself, though you can start from prepared instances
(e.g.<https://elasticserver.com/>).
   Costs more than the others, but you also get more & can pay just for actual
   use.
   - *Google*: not pure Django & lot's of constraints, but it just works &
   is free under small load.

Udi