[Python-il] [pyweb-il:576] Re: Asking for hosting provider recommendation

Sivan Green sivang at gmail.com
Wed Dec 16 14:23:17 IST 2009

I've had terrible issues using Bezeq Int's connection, and I've found
out many israeli ISPs have issues with providing reliable enough
connection for ssh'ing to abroad. Since Orange are connected straight
to london internet exchange, it appears you get exellent response
times to VPSs hosted out of Israel.

I reckon you shouldn't have issues SSHing from .IL, but mind you, if
you have international customers they might have high latency to reach
the server.

Sivan

On Wed, Dec 16, 2009 at 2:20 PM, Itay Donenhirsch <bazbazoo at gmail.com> wrote:
> hi,
> how is linode in terms of response time from Israel? meaning, can I
> comfortably ssh there with reasonable response times?
> thanks
> itay
>
> On Wed, Dec 16, 2009 at 1:05 PM, Idan Gazit <idan at pixane.com> wrote:
>> Webfaction is excellent, I've used them for several clients and it's a
>> good tradeoff of control vs headache. Still, it's more like a VPS in
>> terms of the knowledge you have to have to manage it...
>>
>> If you do decide to go VPS, I'd strongly recommend Linode. I've been
>> their customer for about 5 years now, and they recently stomped
>> everybody else in a performance test (http://journal.uggedal.com/vps-performance-comparison
>> ). Still, VPS = you have to admin.
>>
>> But bottom line, neither of these is just a point-and-click solution.
>>
>> -I
>>

>> On Dec 16, 2009, at 12:52 PM, cool-RR wrote:
>>
>>> Okay, thanks to everyone who gave their recommendation!
>>>
>>> Ram.

>>> I second http://www.webfaction.com --
>>> and even better, http://www.slicehost.com sounds really really good..
>>> Now owned by Rackspace.