[Python-il] [pyweb-il:573] Re: Asking for hosting provider recommendation

Idan Gazit idan at pixane.com
Wed Dec 16 13:05:49 IST 2009

Webfaction is excellent, I've used them for several clients and it's a
good tradeoff of control vs headache. Still, it's more like a VPS in
terms of the knowledge you have to have to manage it...

If you do decide to go VPS, I'd strongly recommend Linode. I've been
their customer for about 5 years now, and they recently stomped
everybody else in a performance test (http://journal.uggedal.com/vps-performance-comparison
). Still, VPS = you have to admin.

But bottom line, neither of these is just a point-and-click solution.

-I