[Python-il] [pyweb-il:566] Asking for hosting provider recommendation

cool-RR cool-rr at cool-rr.com
Tue Dec 15 15:35:09 IST 2009

I'm sorry for posting something off-topic to this mailing list, but I didn't
find a solid recommendation anywhere else, and I figured people here would
surely have one.

I'm looking for a simple hosting provider for a few of my low-traffic sites.
I'm looking for something cheap and reliable. I'm not looking for some
fashionable Web 2.0-ish hip hosting company -- I'd prefer just some solid
"Since 199x" simple one, where I can count on them not shutting down anytime
soon.

I used to rely on Zipa <http://zipa.com> for the last five years, which was
just that kind of provider, and I was paying $30 a year for it, and they had
great reliability and support, and I was happy, and I recommended them to
everyone. But they went bad about a year ago, and now I actually had to
resort to contacting ICANN which is now helping me pry my domain name out of
Zipa's cold, dead hands.

So does anyone here have a recommendation for a good 'n simple host?

Thanks,
Ram.