[Python-il] [pyweb-il:554] Jacob may be paying us a visit next year

Idan Gazit idan at pixane.com
Sun Dec 13 11:42:46 IST 2009

On Dec 13, 2009, at 10:35 AM, benny daon wrote:

> I like the idea but I think we have to be careful with the way we
> brand it. It can't be "DjangoCon-IL" as it will drive all non-django
> developers away. I would call it "The Open Way" and get as many
> frameworks on board as possible. We can cover issues like
> development process, community, licensing and documentation. The key
> issue is to make it appealing for .net developers as well...

-1.

It's too early to waste effort in trying to get people from the .NET
ecosystem into Django. Also, it is almost impossible to give a talk
that is both interesting for an experienced python dev and followable
for somebody who has never seen a .py file in his life.

Trying to be all things to all people means that you suck at
everything. We can put on a great conference about Django or a "blah"
conference about everything.

Or in hebrew, pick a wedding to "dance on". :)

-I