[Python-il] [pyweb-il:547] Jacob may be paying us a visit next year

Udi h Bauman dibaunaumh at gmail.com
Sun Dec 13 10:03:50 IST 2009

Hi all,

My company, Tikal Knowledge, has invited Django's co-BDFL Jacob Kaplan-Moss
to lecture/teach in Israel next year, & he kindly agreed to arrive around
April/May. I think this can be a great opportunity for all of us, & have 2
questions/challenges for you:

   1. Will you be interested in attending a 1-day workshop/master-class
   given by Jacob? It'll have a fee, which we'll need to figure out.
   2. EuroDjangoCon will be held in May in Berlin. This conference is
   helping push Django to the European market & introduce it to many potential
   developers & businesses. I was thinking of leveraging Jacob's arrival to
   organize a DjangoCon-IL conference, to do the same thing in the local
   market. It sounds very pretentious, but basically we only need to organize a
   1-day conference, with regular PyWeb-IL talks + Jacob's talks, intended for
   as wide developers audience as possible, e.g.: Web developers
   (PHP/Rails/Drupal &c), Entrepreneurs, IT developers/sys-admins & more. We
   can do also some nice gimmick stuff (live frameworks benchmark, web app
   contest &c). What do you think? Are you in for this challenge?

Udi