[Python-il] Looking for Python/OSS students

cool-RR cool-rr at cool-rr.com
Mon Nov 15 13:21:16 IST 2010

Dan Julius said:

> What age group are you intending this course for?

I'm thinking junior-high and upwards, but I wouldn't rule out elementary
school. I started my own programming studies when my parents hired a private
teacher for me when I was around 8. (He taught me Basic.)

On Mon, Nov 15, 2010 at 10:19 AM, Tom Goren <tom at tomgoren.com> wrote:

> A little OT, but 100 NIS seems to me more like the price of a 1-on-1
> session.

That's what I meant, sorry I failed to stress that out. I want to do 1-on-1
sessions, at least at first until I gain some experience. If it works okay,
I'll be happy to do groups for a cheaper price.

> In addition, keep in mind that your curriculum implicates the requirement
> of strong knowledge in English - you might want to re-visit some of the
> subjects, otherwise the statistics of actually finding students will be
> against you (strong English and parents willing to send their children to
> study python).

Yes, I agree.

> Other than that though, good for you and good luck!

Thanks!

Amit said:

> I once started this page, and had to neglect it for lack of time (I still
> have stuff I want to add there, but I guess it will take a few months until
> I get to do that)

> http://wiki.hamakor.org.il/index.php/%D7%A7%D7%95%D7%A8%D7%A1%D7%99%D7%9D_%D7%95%D7%94%D7%93%D7%A8%D7%9B%D7%94

> I suggest you add yourself there (feel free to add improvement).

Thanks, I'll do that.

Ram.