[Python-il] Help with python mechanize script

Ido other at uv.hopto.org
Mon Mar 22 12:37:15 IST 2010

Hello,

I'm trying to write a scrapper to read my billing stats from orange bill4u site using py-mechanize.
Orange uses a hell of a lot of redirects in the process, and I'm not sure if there's a bug in mechanize,
or I am doing something wrong.

I've used wireshark to trace the login and redirects of the process using a normal browser,
for some reason, at some point I'm getting a redirect to a different url which there I get an http 400 error.
After trying to trace, I've found out small differences between the wireshark output of firefox and mechanize (in the url/cookies),
when the second link (br.open) is being invoked.
I wish if someone could help out write a similar script (doesn't have to be with mechanize).

This is one of my attempts:

br = Browser()
resp = br.open("https://bill4u.orange.co.il/action/mainAction")
br.select_form(name="aspnetForm")
# fill form
resp = br.submit()

br.open("https://direct.orange.co.il/selfservice/gateway.jsp?loginTo=LOGNET&catID=452&actionID=690")

The links above are somewhat what happens when logging in with firefox.

      Get your preferred Email name!