[Python-il] Looking for a little educational project for a Python newbie

guy keren choo at actcom.co.il
Mon Mar 1 08:28:31 IST 2010

when i learned python, i went with what did it to me - ascii games.
after preparing the very basic functions to draw a char on a given X,Y
position - it was very easy to start writing a program that displays
scrolling banners (actually, i used simple carriage-return tricks here),
a jumping ball, hangman (using /usr/share/dict/linux.words for the
words, having to do file I/O for the word choosing and for the
high-score table), ping-pong, basketball and checkers (the last one
included AI to play the machine's part - and required doing benchmarking
of data structures, in order to make it possible for the machine to
calculate more steps).

--guy