[Python-il] debugging Python

Shai Berger shai at platonix.com
Thu Jan 21 22:27:28 IST 2010

In my experience, the best environment is Eclipse with PyDev. I have also
tried Eric4 (not as good, and hard to install on Windows). Eclipse/PyDev has
syntax highlighting, a limited itellisense (full intellisense in Python is
extremely hard because it is dynamic), and a very nice debugger.

Most programmers' editors will give you at least some support, though; on
Windows, I found Notepad++ quite nice.