[Python-il] [pyweb-il:689] Django for SaaS

Idan Gazit idan at pixane.com
Wed Jan 20 16:52:56 IST 2010

On Jan 20, 2010, at 4:43 PM, Ori Peleg wrote:

> This is true for a "comparatively esoteric language". 5 years after
> Paul wrote it this isn't true for Python anymore.

Disagree. The reality is that the big corporate types still
standardize on java/.net, because they have certifications. Maybe
erlang is that funky new kid on the playground, but python is far from
being one of the corporate "cool kids". By a long shot.

The day that you find a "Python Level 1 certification" available is
the day that Graham's essay stops being applicable to Python. For now,
I still hold a firm opinion that people building things in python are
doing so because they love python, and much less because some
corporate overlord told them to use it.

-I