[Python-il] Don't copy PyWeb-IL

Shai Berger shai at platonix.com
Tue Jan 19 22:52:45 IST 2010

Hello all,

On Tuesday 19 January 2010, Ilan wrote:
> Peace, Amit!
>
> Please remove PyWeb-IL from the Python-IL mailing list: it is
> outrageously absurd to subscribe an entire list to another.
> Anyone who wishes to read both ought to just subscribe to both.

I don't see the absurdity.

> There's hardly any traffic in Python-IL, and although I don't
> want to miss it, having to archive two copies of everything
> from PyWeb-IL is annoying me.

Then don't. On any sane mail client (and it looks like you're using one),
setting up a rule that discards python-il messages coming from PyWeb-IL will
take you less than it took you to write this message.

> And I want my PyWeb-IL mail delivered by Google, not disable delivery there
> because I have it aggregated in another mailing list.

Actually, I find this arrangement quite comfy, thank you.

> Ugh. And
>
> And I want replies to go back to the appropriate list.

The only real problem I see is that for people doing what I do (reading only
python-il as mail), the message created by pressing "reply" is cross-posted
unless we stop it. I find that a very minor annoyance, and I think it a good
habit to note who you're sending mail to anyway.

> Please remedy this ugliness.

Or don't. As you see fit.

> (And BTW, your absence from our meetings lately does not go
> unnoticed! ;o)

This, on the other hand, I second.

Shai.