[Python-il] [pyweb-il:659] English/hebrew font

Shimon Amit shimon.amit at gmail.com
Mon Jan 11 21:16:39 IST 2010

Here are some monospaced alternatives:

- Lucida Sans Typewritter.
- Lucida Console.
- Anonymous Pro (http://www.ms-studio.com/FontSales/anonymouspro.html)
- Monaco (http://www.gringod.com/2006/11/01/new-version-of-monaco-font/)

Some of which seem to do better with Hebrew. (To be honest I'm not sure
exactly how fonts work and which glyphs are used when a character that isn't
represented in the font needs to be displayed. But there you have it... you
can give those a try.)

Another nice enhancement in Windows is enabling ClearType smoothing (Control
Panel > Display > Appearance > Effects), though that has some undesirable
side effects in some of my other applications.

Shimon