[Python-il] [pyweb-il:196] FixTheWeb: Trac suggestion

Shai Berger shai at platonix.com
Wed Feb 25 22:15:51 IST 2009

Hi list,

In PyWeb-IL 4 I suggested to Amit that the broken-sites database may be built
more easily on Trac than on Django. I finally found the time to put some work
behind the talk, and now you can all see a preliminary site -- with
customized issue-tracking and a Wiki -- at http://ftwtrac.platonix.com/.

Notes:

A) This is preliminary, in order to get feedback

B) I wanted to enable a bookmarklet to report a broken page by just appending
its URL to http://site/bad-page/.  This worked fine with the Trac at home,
but the shared-hosting I use returns a 404 if "http:/" shows up anywhere in
the path, so as a workaround, any '|' in a reported address is internally
translated to a '/'. Thus, if you want to report the Google home page as
broken, go to http://ftwtrac.platonix.com/bad-page/http:||google.com|

Any feedback is welcome,

	Shai.