[Python-il] [pyweb-il:164] Re: [pyweb-il:163] Re: Invitation to view Alexandria's Picasa Web Album - صور حصرية وبشعه لمجزرة غزة

Amit Aronovitch aronovitch at gmail.com
Wed Feb 4 09:54:18 IST 2009

> On Feb 4, 2009, at 9:31 AM, Ahik Man wrote:
>
>> Some clarifications.
>>
>> 1. Only group member can post message to PyWeb-IL group.
>> 2. The 'original' message sent by 'aidgaza'. When he was a group
>> member.
>> 3. When I saw this message, I delete it immediately. This action
>> also baned this user from the group.
>> 4. In the mean time other group members, decided to response to it
>> and the message continue to echo.
>> 5. The response message with the picture also deleted.

That explains it. Thanks.

>> So,
>> Unless you decide otherwise, I suggest to stay with the current
>> setting: 1. Only group member can post messages. 2. Messages will
>> *not* held-for-
>> moderation.

Do you mean that non-member posts are auto discarded?
Since now I see no reason to suspect a bug in ggroups, holding
messages for moderation is actually a good compromise (only one man
suffers the spam, group enjoys more openness - we got several job
offers by non member posts).

>> And of course: Do not response to this kind of messages.
+1

On Wed, Feb 4, 2009 at 9:32 AM, Idan Gazit <idan at pixane.net> wrote:

> Plan C: close the group. New members must be OK'd by admins?
>
> -I

Plan C.1: new members OK'd by admins, but: non-members can see
contents, and non-member posts are merely held for moderation. This is
of course provided ggroups supports such config, and admin is willing
to do that (or we find a volunteer to do the extra moderation).

I'm staying neutral on the issue of closing the group, but if we do I
suggest C.1.

 Amit